Thursday, March 14, 2013

Additions to the garden!

It seems like we are spending every spare moment outside in the garden! There is so much to do but honestly Troye and I love to work out there! The boys like it some but of course want to do other things at times too. We decided to do a few projects that were fun but also functional. We need to have some trellis' ready for our growing plants and we also need to be prepared for the deer. Last year CDs were hung and it really seemed to work so we are going to try that again. Troye also made a cute fishing scarecrow! He actually has a fishing pole with a cd hanging from it!! Too cute!! I decided to make a trellis for the peas and we let the boys paint it! They LOVE doing this! Colt even added the words "peas and thank you"! I read about a neat trellis design using pallets (awesome!!). I just picked some up last week so I was able to use them. The idea is that one side is used for climbing veggies, such as cucumbers or squash, while underneath is used for shade loving veggies such as lettuce. I don't know how it will work but I have build two so will see!











No comments:

Post a Comment