Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Growing garden!

We have lots planted already! I have to admit that every morning feels like Christmas as I walk to the greenhouse! I can't wait to see what new plant is emerging! LOL! We have lots of seedlings planted in the greenhouse and they are doing awesome! I have been making planting pots from newspapers! it is super easy and cost hardly anything! We have also planted some things outside but they are slow growing, and I am sure that has to do with the cold spells we are getting! If everything grows and produces we will have lots of veggies! We are trying different things as far as growing veggies. I am trying a potato patch were the potatoes just grow in hay! I have no idea if It will work but I read about it so why not try! We also read about planting beans and corn together. The corn acts as a trellis for the beans. This is an old Indian custom. Again, why not give it try! Here are some pictures! I will continue to update as everything grows! Oh and we installed a water spigot by the garden so watering is much easier! Yea!



The seeds are planted!



Growing Corn


Cucumbers


The seedlings are getting transplanted to larger pots


The indoor raised bed with spinach and tomatos planted.


Water! With the house 800ft away it was necessary to have water closer!

The newpaper is down and the potatoes are ready for the hay

The hay is down!  Just an FYI, planting with hay on a day
where the wind is blowing 50 miles an hour is not recommended!
  After chasing the hay several times
 I finally put these logs to help corral it!





Part of the outdoor crop


More of the seedlings in the greenhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment