Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pinterest FAIL!

I posted about my Pinterest addiction awhile ago. I honestly think Troye is ready to shut Pinterest down! I keep thinking of new projects! Well last week when our shower was very slow to drain I hopped on Pinterest to find a solution! Pinterest is the new Google! I found an all natural solution to clear the drain. Pour some baking soda down the drain then add vinegar and finally follow up with boiling water. I followed all of the directions precisely! It didn't clear the drain but actually made it worse!!! The shower was now completely clogged! Yikes! Since we have a home warranty I called them, I just knew they had done something faulty and that is why it was clogged in the first place! The very nice service man came out and told me it was a simple solution. He started to work and then realized that something was wrong! There was a white disk completely clogging the drain! I had to tell him about my homemade clog removal attempt and we finally determined that the white disk was the baking powder in solid form!! Oops! I was to blame for this! Of course Troye and the service man got a huge kick out of this! Troye said I was banned from Pinterest for good! Several days went by and I needed to make some laundry detergent so I gathered my supplies.... That is when I realized what the real mistake was!


Notice anything?? The boxes are almost identical!! I didn't use baking soda for my clog removal, I used washing soda!! YIKES! So moral of the story, make sure you double check your ingredients!! Ha!! I am back on Pinterest since this was purely my mistake!

1 comment: