Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 66 - Rv

Well we decided to go to the land again today.  We were told more guys would be working on the decking, plumbing and skirting.  So we took our time getting ready then headed out there.  I tried to get in touch with the water company but was just told someone would call me!  Ugh!  I explained to them that our move in date was being delayed if we didn't get this done now, I tired to be nice!  When we got to the land NOTHING new had been done!  Ha!  But there were starting to work on the electrical connections and more rock was delivered.  The other crew was cancelled due to the rain forecast.  And it did start storming before we left.  The good news is that some of the road is done so we can get in and out even if it rains, this will help with preventing delays for the people that can work on the inside!

I have realized that I am becoming very impaitent!  I am ready to move in!  There are days I feel like the rv walls are closing in on us but I realize that it is just because we are all getting excited to move into the house.  It is starting to seem real and like a home now that they are getting it all together.  The last 2 months of no house out there just made it seem like a piece of land.  But we are close!  We are still hoping to be in by July 14th.  We were first told that July 1 was our goal, but with the water delay and now the electrical delay that is not happening!  The electrical company is not planning on installing the line until late next week.  We are not really sure why, I guess just their time frame! It is frustrating that we contacted them 2 months ago but they would not do anything until certain steps were in place and now that those steps are done we have to just wait! 

We are not planning on going out there until Friday.  Troye has to work the next few days and I have some activities planned for the boys.  We are trying to have get togethers with friends before we move.

1 comment:

  1. I can feel your frustration, but there is nothing you can do but be patient...or maybe not be so nice....ha ha! Sorry I wish it would happen when you want, but maybe that is just part of the plan. It will be worth it so just hang in there. We may see you this weekend! Let us know if you need anything. Love anbd hugs! Mom

    ReplyDelete